Courgettes are one of our favourite vegetables as they are so versatile and easy to cook. We've never really been a fan of pasta (it's heavy and gluten loaded which can cause bloating) so we love substituting pasta dishes with courgetti - ribbons of raw vegetable pasta. This recipe combines lots of greens, avocado for healthy fats and chick peas for a good source of protein. It is so easy to prepare so perfect for a quick bite after work, leaving time to get outside and soak up the evening sunshine. It's also great the next day for lunch. If you don't have a spiralizer try peeling into thin strips and then cutting length ways. We would recommend buying one though - they are cheap and make chopping vegetables much easier. Here's mine!
- 50 grams of cashews
- 3 handfuls of organic baby spinach
- Juice of one lemon (add a bit of rind if you wish)
- 2 tablespoons of tamari (or light soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 2 tablespoons of avocado oil
- a good handful of mint
- salt and pepper to taste
Simply blend in a food processor until you get a smooth thick paste
- 1 small courgette - spiralized into spaghetti shaped strips
- 1 avocado, chopped into pieces
- 1 handful of organic baby spinach, chopped
- half a tin of organic chick peas, drained
Spiralize the courgette and pat with kitchen towel to take out a little moisture. Add salt which also helps take out extra water and leave for 5 minutes. Then, it couldn't be easier, simply mix the chopped avocado and spinach into the bowl and add the sauce and stir. Add extra salt and pepper to taste. Viola.
This can be eaten on it's own or with freshness of the lemon, tastes great as a side with grilled fish. Enjoy and let summer roll on!