I'm still a smoothie fan, even in Winter. The great thing about the colder seasons is kale, which I add to every morning smoothie. We include Baobab here as a source of vitamin C and cinnamon to give a warm boost to your system, A signature smoothie from the ROOTED KITCHEN - this one is a protein-packed green machine breakfast, which should keep you going until lunch. For the hungrier appetite add more oats, or some extra seeds on the top.
- 1/4 avocado
- 1 ripe frozen banana (we freeze these in batches) or fridge chilled
- 2 inches cucumber
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons oats (gluten free as an option)
- 1 tablespoon of Aduna Baobab
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter (currently obsessed with Pip and Nut)
- 1 scoop Sun Warrior Vanilla Protein Powder
- a small handful of kale
- 200ml splash of any nut milk (we use unsweetened almond)
- coconut shavings, goji berries, cacao nibs or quite frankly any topping that suits your fancy
Quite simply blend it together and viola - go green machine.