The Matcha and Moringa Breakfast Bowl from the ROOTED KITCHEN uses oats (gluten free if necessary) for energy, moringa for a health boost, matcha as a coffee alternative to start the day and raw honey and vanilla protein powder to sweeten.
We use Aduna's Moringa for a few reasons:
- it's known as the miracle tree and we like miracles
- it's 100% organic
- it includes 6 essential vitamins and minerals (magnesium, calcium, iron and Vitamins E, A and K)
- it's 25% plant protein and 30% fibre
- they support small-scale producers and families in rural Africa
- Read more here
It looks good. It feels good. It tastes good. Enjoy.
- 40-50g oats
- 1 ripe cold or frozen banana (we freeze these in batches - they make smoothies taste even sweeter)
- 1 scoop Sun Warrior vanilla protein powder (by far the best I've found over the years)
- 1 teaspoon Aduna Moringa
- 1/2 teaspoon matcha
- 3 brazil nuts
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon raw honey
- 150 - 200ml of any nut milk (we use almond), depending on thickness desired
- goji, coconut shavings, cacao nibs, bee pollen and chia seeds work well but be creative, anything will do
Quite simply blend it together and add the toppings. Easy.