One of our many ROOTED food mantras is 'all the veg'. This means mixing fruits and vegetables and cramming as many in one sitting as possible. We like the rainbow and so should you...
This Carrot Cake Smoothie bowl (a smoothie eaten out of the bowl, it's quite simple) uses cinnamon to warm it up and mixes carrots and banana for a sweet, creamy texture. The other ingredients pack a punch for your taste buds.
You do need a strong blender for this. We use a Vitamix.
- 2 organic carrots
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 date
- 40 grams gluten free oats (normal, non GF if you'd prefer)
- 1 tablespoon organic Maca powder
- 2 tablespoons yoghurt (any preferred choice - we use standard organic full fat)
- splash of any nut milk (literally a splash)
- 2 tablespoons of Vanilla Sun Warrior Protein Powder (this gives it a heavier texture)
- coconut shavings and dried goji berries (for the end)
Quite simply blend it together and viola, a feast for the senses. We usually top with coconut shavings and some dried goji berries. Cacao nibs would work too.