A signature smoothie from the ROOTED KITCHEN - and one we come back to again and again - the carrot cake smoothie is a winning recipe come rain or shine. There is clearly nothing wrong with the old one, but we felt it was time for a revamp just to mix it up a little and give you something new.
Here we have taken out the cinnamon and used goji berries to sweeten and peanut butter for depth in the flavour. The bee pollen is also great in Summer for those with hay fever.
Try it out vs. the old...we'd love to know what you think...
- 2 organic carrots
- 1 ripe frozen banana (we freeze these in batches)
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs
- 1 teaspoon bee pollen
- 2 tablespoons milled flaxseed or millet (or a mix of both)
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter (currently obsessed with Pip and Nut)
- 1 date
- 1 tablespoon Naturya Blends Organic Fruit
- 200ml splash of any nut milk (we use almond)
- coconut shavings and poppy seeds (for the top)
Quite simply blend it together and viola, a feast for the senses. We usually top with coconut shavings and poppy seeds or just place into a jar for breakfast on-the-go.