CHOCO CHIP COCONUT COOKIES
We’re always looking for new ways to nourish ourselves the ROOTED way and these Choco Chip Coconut Cookies hit the spot for sure! Using coconut sugar and cacao nibs, these bad boys provide the perfect sweet pick me up without the sugar crash of refined sugars. Plus they’re totally mini and adorable.
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar, packed
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large organic eggs
- 1/3 cup sheeps butter, melted & cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (or vanilla bean paste)
- Generous 1/2 cup cacao nibs
1) Preheat oven to 170 °c and line baking paper on a tray.
2) In a bowl, combine coconut flour, coconut sugar, baking soda and salt. Add in eggs, butter, vanilla and cacao nibs. Combine until a thin dough forms. Wet hands and roll dough into 9 balls, if you just spoon the cookies onto the baking sheet without rolling them into balls, the cookies won't come out pretty and smooth. Be sure to roll them into tight little balls.
3) Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until the bottom of the cookies turn golden brown.
They'll keep for 3 days in an air-tight container.
The ROOTED crew.