SIMPLE SIDE SALAD WITH TAHINI DRESSING
A side of greens compliments any meal but it's the dressing that really makes it something special. With it's sweet and rich texture, tahini is a great addition to any salad dressing and this recipe is a ROOTED KITCHEN favourite. With a hint of lemon and apple cider vinegar it provides a cleansing benefit to the system and a fresh and sweet taste.
For the salad - serves 1
- one bulb of gem lettuce
- one handful of fresh spinach leaves
- half an avocado
- a mix of herbs - parsley works well here
For the dressing:
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (rapeseed oil also works well)
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon of liquid amines or tamari (gluten free soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of water (or more for a thinner texture - add tablespoon at a time)
- salt and pepper
If you have a small handheld blender, whizz up the dressing. If not, mix the ingredients in a small bowl using a fork for break the tahini into a liquid. Add extra water to get your preferred consistency.
Wash the leaves and leave to dry whilst you chop the herbs and avocado; I prefer a chunky avocado and my herbs finely chopped. Mix in a bowl and add the dressing.
It's simple. It's delicious. It's an extra portion of vegetables at any meal. Result.